Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update KL-Singapore high speed rail project on track, feasibility nearly complete

Go down

Update KL-Singapore high speed rail project on track, feasibility nearly complete Empty Update KL-Singapore high speed rail project on track, feasibility nearly complete

Post by Cals Tue 09 Sep 2014, 17:26

Update KL-Singapore high speed rail project on track, feasibility nearly complete
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 09 September 2014 12:37

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 9): The Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high speed rail (HSR) project is on track with the feasibility studies nearing completion, according to Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) Chairman Tan Sri Syed Hamid Syed Jaabar Albar.

Syed Hamid said Malaysia, on its side, had completed the feasibility studies on the HSR project that would stretched for some 320km between the two cities, while Singapore is nearing completion of its feasibility evaluation on the project.

"We think it [HSR project] is doing quite well. It is proceeding according to plan.

"The studies part, we have completed on our side (Malaysia), while Singapore is almost complete, hopefully," Syed Hamid told reporters after launching the Rail Business Asia 2014 conference here.

Syed Hamid said he hoped both parties could reach an agreement over the location of the HSR line.

He said Singapore would revert on the matter by year-end.

"There is no problem on our side for the location of the line. We think Singapore will get back to us by the year end, hopefully," he said.

Hamid said details of the HSR project would be more "definite" in January next year, when "things have been crystalised properly."

He stressed that for now, the HSR project was still very much at the discussion stage.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down