Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Employees aged 55-60 to receive 12% EPF contribution from employers this month

Go down

Employees aged 55-60 to receive 12% EPF contribution from employers this month Empty Employees aged 55-60 to receive 12% EPF contribution from employers this month

Post by Cals Thu 22 Aug 2013, 14:25

Employees aged 55-60 to receive 12% EPF contribution from employers this month
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Ho Wah Foon of theedgemalaysia.com
Thursday, 22 August 2013 14:17

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 22): The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) announced today that from this month onwards, employees aged 55-60 will enjoy 12% EPF contribution from employers.

Previously, they could only enjoy 6% contribution from their employers.

In a statement, the EPF said: “More than six million EPF active members stand to benefit from the EPF contribution rates which stay unchanged until age 60.

“Effective from August 2013 wages, employees aged up to 60 will receive EPF contributions at 12% from their employers (or 13% for employees earning a monthly wage of RM5,000 and below) while employees themselves will continue to contribute 11%.”

Previously, those aged above 55 were only required to contribute half of the regular statutory rate, same as their employers.

Earlier in the morning, EPF deputy chief executive officer for operations, Datuk Ibrahim Taib, told a media conference: “The implementation of full contribution rates until age 60 would help members accumulate their savings in the long term for their retirement.”

He added that as Malaysians are blessed with a longer life to 75, sustainability in savings is very important. This will ensure retirees will not become a financial burden to their children or loved ones.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down