Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KLCI futures close mostly higher on positive sentiment

Go down

KLCI futures close mostly higher on positive sentiment Empty KLCI futures close mostly higher on positive sentiment

Post by Cals Wed 18 Sep 2013, 20:16

KLCI futures close mostly higher on positive sentiment
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama
Wednesday, 18 September 2013 19:31

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 18): The FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI (FBM KLCI) futures contracts on Bursa Malaysia Derivatives closed mostly higher today, on positive sentiment ahead of tomorrow's conclusion by the US Federal Reserve, regarding its asset buying programme, dealers said.

Phillip Futures Sdn Bhd dealer Elky Liam Kian Yap said investors hold a positive bias that the Fed would announce a mild cut in its monthly bond purchases.

"Even though everyone thinks the tapering has already been priced into the market, we expect to see some volatility in the market tomorrow, after Fed Chairman Bernanke's speech," he told Bernama.

He said analysts believe there would be a rally, if expectations of a US$10 billion or US$15 billion cut are met, or else a sell-off might be seen.

He added that a big taper could trigger a sell-off, but if tapering is delayed, stocks might rally but then go into sell-off, as such a decision would indicate the economic growth is slower than the Fed's expectation.

At close, September 2013 was up two points to 1,767.5, October 2013 and December 2013 rose three points each to 1,770 and 1,765 respectively, while March 2014 was unchanged at 1,752.

Turnover fell to 4,574 lots from Tuesday's 7,615 lots, while open interest declined to 49,843 contracts from 51,902 contracts previously.

Meanwhile, the underlying FBM KLCI closed 3.54 points lower, at 1,771.4.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down