Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia’s August inflation up 1.9% on-year

Go down

Malaysia’s August inflation up 1.9% on-year Empty Malaysia’s August inflation up 1.9% on-year

Post by Cals Wed 18 Sep 2013, 20:27

Published: Wednesday September 18, 2013 MYT 5:03:00 PM 
Updated: Wednesday September 18, 2013 MYT 5:06:55 PM

Malaysia’s August inflation up 1.9% on-year
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia’s inflation rate for August rose 1.9% from a year ago due to higher food and non-food prices, but this was below economists’ forecast of a 2% increase.
The Statistics Department said on Wednesday the inflation rate, which is measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) when compared with July, increased by 0.1%.

“The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for the period January to August 2013 increased by 1.7% to 106.5 compared with that of 104.7 in the same period last year,” it said.

Commenting on the CPI for August, it said the 1.9% increase from a year ago was due to increased in the index for food & non-alcoholic beverages and non-food which rose 3.6% and 1.1%.

For January to August 2013, the index for food & non-alcoholic beverages and non-food increased by 3.4% and 1.0% respectively.

The department said when compared with July, the index for non-food increased by 0.2% while the index for food & non-alcoholic beverages fell 0.1%.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down