Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia’s August production output up 2.3% on-year

Go down

Malaysia’s August production output up 2.3% on-year Empty Malaysia’s August production output up 2.3% on-year

Post by Cals Fri 11 Oct 2013, 01:51

Published: Thursday October 10, 2013 MYT 3:39:00 PM 
Updated: Thursday October 10, 2013 MYT 4:05:01 PM

Malaysia’s August production output up 2.3% on-year

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia’s industrial production index (IPI) rose by 2.3% in August 2013 from a year ago due to increases in the manufacturing and electricity, but this was below economists’ expectations of 7.5%.
The Statistics Department said on Thursday the increase was due to the increases in manufacturing index and electricity index by 4.6% and 5.1% respectively. However, the mining index declined by 4.6%.
It said the IPI in July 2013 was revised to a growth of 7.5% on-year. “In seasonally adjusted terms, the IPI in August 2013 decreased by 4.6% month-on-month,” it said.
The department said the weaker on-month output was due to decline in all indices manufacturing (5.4%), mining (3.6%) and electricity (2.5%).
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down