Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenanga IB Research maintains Neutral on Automotive sector

Go down

Kenanga IB Research maintains Neutral on Automotive sector Empty Kenanga IB Research maintains Neutral on Automotive sector

Post by Cals Wed 09 Oct 2013, 09:28

Kenanga IB Research maintains Neutral on Automotive sector
Business & Markets 2013
Written by theedgemalaysia.com   
Wednesday, 09 October 2013 08:49

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 9): Kenanga IB Research has maintained its Neutral rating on the Automotive sector and said that despite the year-to-date (YTD) August total industry volume (TIV) growth of 5% year-on-year (y-o-y), the research house was keeping its 2013 TIV forecast of 636,560 units (+1.4% y-o-y) as it anticipates the growth pace to slow down in the remaining months due to the high base in 4Q2012 as well as the upcoming subsidy rationalisation that might dampen consumer sentiment. Our recent channel checks suggest that the revised NAP (to be announced in 4Q2013 based on market talk) will focus mainly on positioning the country as a regional production hub for hybrid vehicles and EEV.
In a note Wednesday, the research house said that in view of more manufacturing licenses and pre-packaged customised incentives to be offered to attract the foreign OEMs, it would likely benefit all the auto players over the long-term through partnerships as well as affiliations with foreign car makers.
Kenanga Research said that for the upcoming Budget 2014, if GST was implemented, this would be Marginally Positive to the Automotive sector as GST will replace the sales tax (of 10%) and thus lowering On The Road (OTR) car prices marginally.
“This may potentially lend strength to higher demand, in our view,” it said.  
Nevertheless, the research house said the mildly positive catalyst was not enough to compel it to change its Neutral view as it believes the impact could easily be offset by the recent fuel price hike and further subsidies rationalisation plan.
“We continue to like Tan Chong (TP: RM7.50) in view of its undemanding valuation (which is currently trading at 12.5x FY14 PER). Tan Chong remains our top pick for the sector as we believe it should deserve a higher valuation given: (i) its potential NP growth averaging c.46% p.a. in FY13E and FY14E; (ii) strong Nissan expansion, and (iii) overwhelming response for its existing models.
“Meanwhile, we are maintaining our Market Perform ratings on DRB-Hicom (TP: RM2.69) and UMW (TP: RM13.39) while keeping our Underperform rating on MBM Resources (TP: RM3.66),” it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down