Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Exchange to launch Asian FX futures in November

Go down

Singapore Exchange to launch Asian FX futures in November Empty Singapore Exchange to launch Asian FX futures in November

Post by Cals Mon 28 Oct 2013, 19:35

Singapore Exchange to launch Asian FX futures in November
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters   
Monday, 28 October 2013 18:29
(28/10/13 18:14:48) 

SINGAPORE (Oct 28): Singapore Exchange Ltd said on Monday that investors will be able to trade foreign exchange futures for deliverable and non-deliverable Asian currencies, through the bourse from next month.

The move is part of SGX's efforts to capitalise on the global drive by regulators, to push more derivatives trading onto exchanges, and reduce the volume that is done over-the-counter (OTC).

SGX said the service will be launched from Nov 11 and initially, it will launch futures for six currency pairs — Australian dollar/U.S. dollar, Australian dollar/yen, U.S. dollar/Singapore dollar, U.S. dollar/Indian rupee, U.S. dollar/Korean won, and yen/won. It added that it hopes to add more currency pairs over the next 12 months.

"The trading of FX derivatives on a regulated exchange platform will promote greater transparency, and better serve investment and risk management needs in the Asian time zone," the city-state's stock and futures market operator said, in a statement.

Singapore is the world's third-largest FX trading centre, after London and New York.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down