Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singapore Exchange divides role of regulatory, risk chief after penny stock crash

Go down

Singapore Exchange divides role of regulatory, risk chief after penny stock crash Empty Singapore Exchange divides role of regulatory, risk chief after penny stock crash

Post by Cals Mon 25 Nov 2013, 01:21

Published: Friday November 22, 2013 MYT 6:59:00 PM 
Updated: Friday November 22, 2013 MYT 7:03:07 PM

Singapore Exchange divides role of regulatory, risk chief after penny stock crash

SINGAPORE:  Singapore Exchange Ltd (SGX) said on Friday it had split the role of its regulatory and risk chief officer, a move that follows a penny stock crash that raised questions about the firm's regulatory abilities.
SGX, which regulates listed companies that are also its clients, said in a statement its chief regulatory and risk officer, Yeo Lian Sim, was retiring at the end of this year and would be hired on as a special advisor. She has been with SGX since July 2004.
Her role will be split between Richard Teng, who will become the chief regulatory officer and Agnes Koh, who will take on the role of chief risk officer.
Teng has been deputy chief regulatory officer since Jan. 2012. Agnes Koh is currently the head of risk clearing.
Share price volatility in three inter-linked Singapore companies last month had raised questions marks over whether SGX had missed red flags and was too slow to act.
The Monetary Authority of Singapore is conducting a review of the stock crash.  - Reuters
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

Singapore Exchange divides role of regulatory, risk chief after penny stock crash Empty Re: Singapore Exchange divides role of regulatory, risk chief after penny stock crash

Post by Cals Mon 25 Nov 2013, 01:22

guess they identified a gap here in risk and regulatory management
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down