Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 12 2014 - BC Daily Trading Floor

Go down

May 12 2014 - BC Daily Trading Floor  Empty May 12 2014 - BC Daily Trading Floor

Post by Cals Mon 12 May 2014, 10:56

Good day traders, holiday mood kua?  Evil   Coffee
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

May 12 2014 - BC Daily Trading Floor  Empty Re: May 12 2014 - BC Daily Trading Floor

Post by Cals Mon 12 May 2014, 11:06

Mid-morning Market KLCI dips marginally lower on regional caution
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Surin Murugiah of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 12 May 2014 10:07

KUALA LUMPUR (May 12): The FBM KLCI dipped marginally lower at mid-morning on Monday, in line with the cautious sentiment at most regional markets.

At 10.01am, the FBM KLCI shed 1.95 points to 1,864.77.

Gainers edged losers by 225 to 224, while 256 counters traded unchanged. Volume was 440.46 million shares valued at RM192.35 million.

The top losers included Petronas Gas, GAB, Carlsberg, Petronas Dagangan, IJM Plantations, Fima Corp, APB, KSL and Puncak warrants, and Chin Well.

The actives included Luster, Utopia, Datasonic, Harvest Court, PDZ and Green Packet.

The gainers included Eco World, Daiman, Cahya Mata Sarawak, Datasonic, Tahps, Takaful, Muhibbah, Westports, SBC Corp and Bonia.

Hong Leong IB Research in a note Monday said expectations of positive newsflows coming out from ETP annual report and Malaysia 1Q14 GDP announcements this week coupled with improving KLCI daily technical outlook are expected to help the index to nudge higher this week.

“Having said that, persistent concern on the external woes (eg slowdown in China, Ukraine crisis) coupled with the holiday-shortened week (May 13 Wesak day public holiday) could cap further climb beyond all time high of 1,882.

“Weekly supports are 1,850-1,857,” it said.

Elsewhere, Asian shares began the week on a cautious note on Monday as investors braced for an esclation in East-West tensions after pro-Moscow rebels declared victory in a referendum on self-rule in eastern Ukraine, according to Reuters.

Organisers of the weekend referendum said nearly 90 percent had voted in favour, possibly opening the way for the region to break away from Kiev in a conflict increasingly out of control, it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”

Back to top Go down

May 12 2014 - BC Daily Trading Floor  Empty Re: May 12 2014 - BC Daily Trading Floor

Post by Cals Tue 13 May 2014, 01:25

Market close FBM KLCI slips marginally lower ahead of Wesak holiday
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jonathan Gan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 12 May 2014 17:20

KUALA LUMPUR (May 12): The FBM KLCI closed marginally lower ahead of the Wesak holiday tomorrow.

At market close today, the FBM KLCI fell 0.64 point or 0.03% to settle at 1866.08. The market saw losses in Public Bank Bhd, CIMB Group Holdings Bhd, Petronas Gas Bhd and Telekom Malaysia

The exchange had stayed in negative territory for most part of the day, entering briefly into the positive region, before noon break. It later returned to negative territory where it stayed there for the rest of the day.

A dealer with a major broking firm told theedgemalaysia.com that the market was down today as there were no leading indicators, at the moment, and investors in holiday mood at the start of this holiday-shortened week.

The FBM KLCI ranged between a high of 1867.40 and a low of 1864.55

The exchange saw a total of 1.57 billion shares worth RM1.53 billion traded. Decliners led gainers 414 by 391 with British American Tobacco Bhd topping the gainers list, and Guinness Anchor Beer Bhd leading the decliners.

Nextgram-WA was the most active stock today.

Across the Asia-Pacific, the Japanese Nikkei fell 0.35% to 14149.52 and while the South Korean Kospi rose 0.43% to 1964.94.

Reuters reported that shares made a cautious advance on Monday though gains were capped as investors braced for a possible escalation in Ukraine's civil conflicts after anti-Kiev rebels declared victory in a referendum on self-rule.

Hopes of capital market reform boosted Chinese shares while Indian shares surged to record high on the prospect of a more business-friendly government winning India's general election, with exit polls coming out later in the day.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down