Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPO stockpile to remain high in September, says HLIB Research

Go down

CPO stockpile to remain high in September, says HLIB Research Empty CPO stockpile to remain high in September, says HLIB Research

Post by Cals Thu 11 Sep 2014, 22:20

CPO stockpile to remain high in September, says HLIB Research
Business & Markets 2014
Written by theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 11 September 2014 08:54

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 11): Hong Leong IB Research has maintained its Underweight rating on the plantation sector and said inventory increased by 21.9% month-on-month (m-o-m) to 2.05 million tonnes in Aug-14 (higher than consensus median estimate of 1.95m tonnes), mainly on a 22% mom rise in production.
In a note Thursday, the research house said exports declined marginally by 0.4% m-o-m to 1.44 million tonnes, dragged mainly by a 19.3% m-o-m decline in exports to China (partly offset by a 73% m-o-m increase in exports to Pakistan).
“We believe stockpile in Sep will likely remain high mainly on the back of: (1) high production season; and (2) narrow CPO price discount against the soybean oil.
“Maintain our average CPO price projection of RM2,400/tonne and RM2,300/tonne for 2014 and 2015 respectively.
“Maintain Underweight stance on the sector,” it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down