Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notable Trade Lau Cho Kun emerges new substantial shareholder of Borneo Oil

Go down

Notable Trade Lau Cho Kun emerges new substantial shareholder of Borneo Oil Empty Notable Trade Lau Cho Kun emerges new substantial shareholder of Borneo Oil

Post by Cals Tue 07 Oct 2014, 23:38

Notable Trade Lau Cho Kun emerges new substantial shareholder of Borneo Oil
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Shalini Kumar of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 07 October 2014 19:08

KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 7): Tan Sri Lau Cho Kun has emerged as a substantial shareholder in Borneo Oil Bhd, following the acquisition of 53.1 million shares or a 19.12% stake through indirect interest. 

Cho Kun is the nephew of the late Tan Sri Lau Gek Poh, who founded the Hap Seng group. 

In a Bursa Malaysia filing this evening, Borneo Oil said Cho Kun was deemed interested by virtue of his direct interest in Gek Poh (Holdings) Sdn Bhd — which has a 18.47% stake — via its subsidiary Hap Seng Insurance Services Sdn Bhd. 

Hap Seng Insurance acquired 51.2 million shares on Borneo Oil on Oct 3. The price of the transaction was not stated.  

It was reported recently that Borneo Oil plans to invest up to RM15 million in a new plant and equipment, as well as exploration works, in its new venture in gold-mining activities in Pahang. The company’s current core business is the franchise fast-food chain business under the brandname SugarBun. 

Borneo Oil closed flat at 66.5 sen today, with a market capitalisation of RM183.2 million.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down