Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Forum Feedback

+5
twink
sun
phoenix777
sk
Netsoft
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Community Forum Feedback Empty Community Forum Feedback

Post by Netsoft Sat 26 Feb 2011, 12:07

Hi there,

We all have been here for quite some time (since December I believe) and I believe we all have been together on the same boat across all sorts of events, be it either happiness or sadness and we earn and lose our hard earned money together. It has been sometime and I'm here to conduct some studies on your opinion towards our forums (or our home). What is your view on the current state of the forums and in what ways the forum can improve? If you have any suggestion or feedback on ways to improve the forum, please voice it out so we all can read and share our views.

I am not posting this on behalf of the moderating team or the management, just posting based on my personal view. So don't be afraid that I'll do something to you. As the name of this forum implies, Bursa Community, so bursa community is part of your home too.

Thanks Beer
Netsoft
Netsoft

Job/Hobbies : Photography - Pentax
Humor : Funny and Friendly
Comments : Trading tomorrow 2nd March
Profit & Loss Gaining - but i don't know how much lah

Back to top Go down

Community Forum Feedback Empty Re: Community Forum Feedback

Post by sk Sat 26 Feb 2011, 13:49

to make this forum more lively, you got to have more carrots in it.
so far only max giving bb tradings and his sharing and calls.
i think it should not be as such, more flavour should be introduced here.
you need to offer others stocks trading as well, be it daytrade, longterm, foregin investment, under value stock call and etc.
this forum it look as if dedicated to one guy only which it max, which i think it is not gonna flourish in time to come. just imagine, the more variety it is the bigger scope of community it can cover. should not limit to bb trading only, otherwise this may lead newbies think that this forum is max and max is this forum. what is the point ? the objective is to draw more people here and all sort of people not handful of bb traders only.
we need all sort of experties to be unveiled here, the interest of bb may not draw all crowd here but other sector may suit them here like longterm investing or value investing which majority may have interest.
to conclude, another group or community should be formed to draw difference attention else this forum is just non-other than bb trading forum and it is only dedicated to max. might as well close up this and create a new community that call "bursa bb community ONLY".

sk

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenix777 Sat 26 Feb 2011, 14:05

the reply button for me is quite troublesome....
when you click it instead of seeing my reply on the page it took me to another page to click back to your message or another has posted when you are writing which is very inconvenient

i dont think its neccesary to goto another page
phoenix777
phoenix777

Male Join date : 2011-02-03
Job/Hobbies : eating good food
Stock Exposure : 1 year
Stock Portfolio : empty handed

Back to top Go down

Post by sun Sat 26 Feb 2011, 14:12

phoenix87 wrote:the reply button for me is quite troublesome....
when you click it instead of seeing my reply on the page it took me to another page to click back to your message or another has posted when you are writing which is very inconvenient

i dont think its neccesary to goto another page

Yes, agreed, very mafan and slow!
sun
sun
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by sun Sat 26 Feb 2011, 14:13

oh, ya, why my status is red? female comrades red color isit?
sun
sun
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by twink Sat 26 Feb 2011, 14:51

This forum is upgrading everyday.
Love to see so many changes to make it looks fresh.
twink
twink

Female Join date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 14:59

Give both net and SK 1 rep. Job well done. It,s true that we need different breeds and it's absolutely fabulous to have different strategy and horizon. Let us work it out and propose to admin for the benefit of forum and it's community.

First question from me is shall trading room been lock to members only or open to the whole world or periodically lock like Investlah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 15:01

Second issue how to organize forum heading something to best suit investor, bb trader, trader speculator etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 15:10

For phoenix, there a button in profile that give us option whether wanna review other erlier message while posting or post immediate without seeing other post that virtually post at the same time. First I change it to without seeing other post but end up I miss quite a number of post by other. But if I choose to review other post, I also kena few time my call is indeed not send pending fore to press the save button. So id pro and con and we choose the method best suit us.

For the redirecting to other page I don get it, as after we post the page will refresh automatically and we back to that particular topic, unlike Investlah it bring you to topic heading page instead b com that bring us back to where we are.

Back to top Go down

Post by WinningHeart Sat 26 Feb 2011, 15:12

I think in this forum the spectators are still way more than the participant ... perhap should think of a way to encourage more member to reply ... e.g the message owner can restrict only certain ranking of member can view/read the message ... this way will encourage the member to participate more to upgrade its member type .. e.g New member to Junior Member etc ... just my 2 cents

WinningHeart
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 15:20

I do agree with SK that b com need to portrait a different image rather than just bb trade. I am wrong too, for as long as make money all method welcome. But mind you all, Investlah admin also know their forum has lot of unscrupulous people and most of them enjoying in personal bashing etc. In fact Investlah is founded by 3 person that also invest in stock market. Therefore lot of people said Kim is one of them. Nevertheless let us acknowledg that b com culture is good and so far there is zero case of quarrel etc and this forum is lot more advance and user friendly the only hiccup is less active member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 15:26

bernardlcn wrote:I think in this forum the spectators are still way more than the participant ... perhap should think of a way to encourage more member to reply ... e.g the message owner can restrict only certain ranking of member can view/read the message ... this way will encourage the member to participate more to upgrade its member type .. e.g New member to Junior Member etc ... just my 2 cents

cannot la...if like that all new member where got chance to see what happen in trading room..i guess is sort of discrimination le...unless they need to apply to go in trading room huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by sk Sat 26 Feb 2011, 16:47

maxims wrote:
bernardlcn wrote:I think in this forum the spectators are still way more than the participant ... perhap should think of a way to encourage more member to reply ... e.g the message owner can restrict only certain ranking of member can view/read the message ... this way will encourage the member to participate more to upgrade its member type .. e.g New member to Junior Member etc ... just my 2 cents

cannot la...if like that all new member where got chance to see what happen in trading room..i guess is sort of discrimination le...unless they need to apply to go in trading room huh?

lets learn the good thing from other forum like lowyat.net. they r very professionally done.
good thing we learn just like Japanese of course have to do it in a professional way and better if possible.
admin play an important role here in controlling the forum into a more presentable, neat and clean place for the comfort of forumers.
we need theme for each season like CNY, Hari Raya, Chritmas & etc... changing the forum color from time to time, since this forum
contain high techgy feature. think doing such simple think should at least making the forum look lively and constantly being "renewed".
slowly categorised each topic and assign admin on each of them when crowd is here. who know this may eventually making another
place as popular like lowyat, alibaba, investlah and etc..
the question is need to draw members would require lots of advertisements, Rome is not build in one day. this may need time but never try
never know. definitely someone is needed to champion this as a campaign, some money may be needed and the first thing needed to change
is the URL. a formal URL is needed not everything drive under forumotion i guess.

sk

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenix777 Sat 26 Feb 2011, 17:23

let me try
phoenix777
phoenix777

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenix777 Sat 26 Feb 2011, 17:24

perhaps my pc is slow thats wh
phoenix777
phoenix777

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenix777 Sat 26 Feb 2011, 17:27

maxims wrote:For phoenix, there a button in profile that give us option whether wanna review other erlier message while posting or post immediate without seeing other post that virtually post at the same time. First I change it to without seeing other post but end up I miss quite a number of post by other. But if I choose to review other post, I also kena few time my call is indeed not send pending fore to press the save button. So id pro and con and we choose the method best suit us.

For the redirecting to other page I don get it, as after we post the page will refresh automatically and we back to that particular topic, unlike Investlah it bring you to topic heading page instead b com that bring us back to where we are.

now i get it....perhaps my internet is slow i was taken to a page where you can choose to return to topic and stop there instead of the auto refresh thanks
phoenix777
phoenix777

Back to top Go down

Post by Netsoft Sat 26 Feb 2011, 19:42

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm sure we can use this thread to propose to the administrator for him to consider our proposal.

Please, if in the future you have some suggestion or feedback about something related to the forum, you can come and post and then we can share our views on the matter. No hard feelings as what we are trying to propose was a better environment for us and also to promote bursa community to be a better place for us.

Netsoft
Netsoft

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 21:45

sk wrote:
maxims wrote:

lets learn the good thing from other forum like lowyat.net. they r very professionally done.
good thing we learn just like Japanese of course have to do it in a professional way and better if possible.
admin play an important role here in controlling the forum into a more presentable, neat and clean place for the comfort of forumers.
we need theme for each season like CNY, Hari Raya, Chritmas & etc... changing the forum color from time to time, since this forum
contain high techgy feature. think doing such simple think should at least making the forum look lively and constantly being "renewed".
slowly categorised each topic and assign admin on each of them when crowd is here. who know this may eventually making another
place as popular like lowyat, alibaba, investlah and etc..
the question is need to draw members would require lots of advertisements, Rome is not build in one day. this may need time but never try
never know. definitely someone is needed to champion this as a campaign, some money may be needed and the first thing needed to change
is the URL. a formal URL is needed not everything drive under forumotion i guess.

1. investlah definitely is not professionally manage, their forum heading etc is damn out of date such as still using KLSE rather than Bursa Malaysia and they don take complain from members seriously and tolerate all those kind of bashing and misleading stock call. investlah started just like b com with virtually very small numbers of people but eventually due to that perhaps 30 or 40 core and active member like what we have here in b com, they eventually drawing crowd over time frame of 5.5 years. I do personally think think their active member maybe in the range of 200 only judging by the post and reply there. so much so investlah do allow member to renounce their membership and this so happen that today you are bursaking next week you can be bursaqueen but those renounce member they still taking count as members.

2. lowyat is different cases, perhaps they manage by gourp of people and make it enterprise and business way but i don wanna touch lowyat for now, just compare investlah and bursa community will do. i guess both b com and investlah start out forum in a casual way and more on interest than money making. so guess b com will not invest in unnecessary promotion and advertisement and the same goes to investlah. for changing the home page seasonally to make it more lively that i don know but do look at investlah they also do nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 21:49

we actually have sufficient number of member for bb trading and so this this part is not our concern and perhaps bb traders number will grow to say 100 or so in a years. next we should cater is other short term speculative player that involve in counter like wewin, definitely in time to come this segment of members can be draw here too because they do trade bb like wwin does. so is overlap and intersect our key concern is to draw investor type lo, with bursa community present forum like community trader, is already cover is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 21:54

KLSE
Discuss news, research, tips and opinions on everything that's covered by Bursa Malaysia, including KLSE Main Board, Second Board and Mesdaq.
288747 Posts
13585 Topics
Last post by smartboy
in Re: aglobal buy call.......
on Today at 09:51:58 PM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]International Markets
Includes worldwide Stock Exchanges and Commodities.
2326 Posts
261 Topics
Last post by delta
in Re: When u own physical ...
on February 24, 2011, 10:56:35 PM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Forex
For traders to share and discuss Forex analysis, strategies and news.
765 Posts
170 Topics
Last post by forex4you.my
in Forex4you Technical Anal...
on Yesterday at 06:37:47 PM

now where got second board? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 21:54

maxims wrote:
KLSE
Discuss news, research, tips and opinions on everything that's covered by Bursa Malaysia, including KLSE Main Board, Second Board and Mesdaq.
288747 Posts
13585 Topics
Last post by smartboy
in Re: aglobal buy call.......
on Today at 09:51:58 PM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]International Markets
Includes worldwide Stock Exchanges and Commodities.
2326 Posts
261 Topics
Last post by delta
in Re: When u own physical ...
on February 24, 2011, 10:56:35 PM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Forex
For traders to share and discuss Forex analysis, strategies and news.
765 Posts
170 Topics
Last post by forex4you.my
in Forex4you Technical Anal...
on Yesterday at 06:37:47 PM

now where got second board? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

now where got second board or klse? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by sun Sat 26 Feb 2011, 22:09

quite some time didn't go Investlah, but I like their interface than bc, but but bc can attract ppl to keep coming back because we knw ppl here dun talk k** like Investlah!
sun
sun
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Netsoft Sat 26 Feb 2011, 22:20

sun wrote:quite some time didn't go Investlah, but I like their interface than bc, but but bc can attract ppl to keep coming back because we knw ppl here dun talk k** like Investlah!

I prefer PHPBB over SMF Laugh
Netsoft
Netsoft

Back to top Go down

Post by sun Sat 26 Feb 2011, 22:23

wats PHPBB & SMF?
sun
sun
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sun Sat 26 Feb 2011, 22:23

NS, tonight u "sek Chi gei" again? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sun
sun
Consulting Member
Consulting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next