Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sensex Climbs to 20-Month High After U.S. Budget Progress

Go down

Sensex Climbs to 20-Month High After U.S. Budget Progress Empty Sensex Climbs to 20-Month High After U.S. Budget Progress

Post by Cals Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:19

Sensex Climbs to 20-Month High After U.S. Budget Progress
By Shikhar Balwani - Jan 1, 2013 6:14 PM GMT+0800

Indian (SENSEX) stocks rose after completing the best year since 2009. Industrials and metal producers paced gains as the U.S. Senate passed a budget deal seeking to undo tax increases that took effect today.
The BSE India Sensitive Index, or Sensex, advanced 0.8 percent to 19,581.08, according to preliminary closing prices at 3:30 p.m. in Mumbai, its highest close since April 25, 2011. Aluminum producer Hindalco Industries Ltd. (HNDL) jumped 2.7 percent, leading metal stocks higher after prices climbed in London. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) increased 2 percent for a third day gains.
The legislation, passed this morning, would make permanent the tax cuts for most U.S. households that expired at midnight, continue expanded unemployment benefits and delay automatic spending cuts for two months. The Sensex climbed 26 percent in 2012, the most since an 81 percent surge in 2009, as the Indian government took steps to open the economy to foreign investment and local stocks attracted Asia’s biggest overseas inflows.
Other markets in the region are closed today.
To contact the reporter on this story: Shikhar Balwani in Mumbai at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.];
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Darren Boey at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down