Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain's FTSE edges higher in early deals, ARM jumps

Go down

Britain's FTSE edges higher in early deals, ARM jumps Empty Britain's FTSE edges higher in early deals, ARM jumps

Post by Cals Tue 23 Apr 2013, 15:36

Britain's FTSE edges higher in early deals, ARM jumps
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters
Tuesday, 23 April 2013 15:09

A + / A - / Reset
LONDON (April 23): Britain's FTSE 100 edged higher in early deals on Tuesday thanks to a crop of upbeat corporate earnings, but gains were capped by fresh signs of economic weakness in China.

The blue-chip index was up 12.87 points, or 0.2 percent, at 6,293.49 points by 0708 GMT.

Chipmaker ARM jumped 6.7 percent, while conglomerate Associated British Foods added 1.9 percent, after both posted forecast-beating results.

Miners, however, were among the top fallers after data showed activity in China's vast factory sector slowing back to near-stagnation in April, casting fresh doubts over the strength of metals demand for the world's top consumer. - Reuters
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down