Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microlink shareholders urged to reject takeover offer

Go down

Microlink shareholders urged to reject takeover offer Empty Microlink shareholders urged to reject takeover offer

Post by Cals Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:36

Saturday June 8, 2013

Microlink shareholders urged to reject takeover offer

PETALING JAYA: Independent adviser Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd has advised IT services provider Microlink Solutions Bhd's shareholders to reject the takeover offer from Formis Resources Bhd, as the offer price of 60 sen per share was “not fair” and “not reasonable”.

In its advice circular to shareholders on Bursa Malaysia, it said, among others, that the earnings prospects of the company remained visible and healthy, and that therefore, the offer should be based on valuations which were in a higher range.

It also said the offer price had not fully valued the company for its strong net cash position of 13.7 sen per share.

On May 8, Formis Resources extended a voluntary conditional takeover offer for all the remaining ordinary shares of 10 sen each in Microlink not already owned by its wholly owned subsidiary Formis Holdings Bhd.

As at May 6, Formis Holdings directly held 39,044,600 Microlink shares, representing a 29.22% equity interest in Microlink.

The stock closed four sen higher to 62 sen in yesterday's trading
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down