Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNB's local/foreign investments long-term growth catalyst, says TA

Go down

TNB's local/foreign investments long-term growth catalyst, says TA Empty TNB's local/foreign investments long-term growth catalyst, says TA

Post by Cals Wed 12 Jun 2013, 14:39

TNB's local/foreign investments long-term growth catalyst, says TA
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Kamarul Anwar of theedgemalaysia.com
Wednesday, 12 June 2013 11:57

A + / A - / Reset
KUALA LUMPUR (June 12): TENAGA NASIONAL BHD []’s (TNB) aggressive investment in electricity generation assets for both domestic and international markets is a strong catalyst for its long-term earnings growth, said TA Securities today.

The research house is maintaining its “buy” call on the state utility giant, with a target price of RM9.79.

At 11:25 am, TNB inched down one sen to RM8.29 after trading between RM8.25 and RM8.33. The counter had a trading volume of 2.31 million.

In a research note, TA analyst James Ratnam also commented favourably on a news report of TNB considering bidding for the retail and power generation unit of Irish state-owned gas company, Bord Gais Eireann.

“We see a confident TNB that’s ready to expand its power business beyond its domestic market. With the domestic market saturating, as electricity demand growth is tapering at 3% to 5% per annum, the group has so far aggressively seeking overseas revenue, although mostly confined to operations and maintenance contracts and to operate individual power plants," said Ratnam.

He noted that TNB had in January announced a RM1 billion-power plant joint venture in Kuwait.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down