Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenaga Research maintains 'overweight' call on telecommunications sector

Go down

Kenaga Research maintains 'overweight' call on telecommunications sector Empty Kenaga Research maintains 'overweight' call on telecommunications sector

Post by Cals Wed 03 Jul 2013, 14:37

Kenaga Research maintains 'overweight' call on telecommunications sector
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama
Wednesday, 03 July 2013 14:25

KUALA LUMPUR (July 3): Kenanga Research is maintaining its "overweight" call on the telecommunications sector, based on the first quarter 2013 results of the players within it.

In a note today, the research house said the telecommunication players' results came in mostly within expectations and was on track to meet their respective full-year earnings guidance.

"Despite the lacklustre year-to-date share price performance of these players, the sector’s defensive nature and reasonable dividend yield, will still be able to provide investors with the much-needed shelter during the current uncertain period.

"We believe that the 4G roadmap will get clearer in the second half of this year, given that both Maxis and Celcom are rapidly expanding their service coverage, while Digi is planning to unveil its plan within the next few weeks," Kenanga Research said.

The research firm picked Digi as its top pick in the sector due to the company's stronger and more stable network, following the completion of its network modernisation plan by end of the third quarter this year.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down