Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KLCI rebounds to close above 1,700; boost from Maybank

Go down

KLCI rebounds to close above 1,700; boost from Maybank Empty KLCI rebounds to close above 1,700; boost from Maybank

Post by Cals Fri 30 Aug 2013, 02:13

Published: Thursday August 29, 2013 MYT 5:28:00 PM 
Updated: Thursday August 29, 2013 MYT 5:29:42 PM

KLCI rebounds to close above 1,700; boost from Maybank

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's blue chips snapped their losing streak on Thursday to stage a relief rebound as a jump in Maybank's share price pushed the FBM KLCI above the 1,700 level.
At 5pm, the KLIC was up 17.61 points to 1,703.78. Turnover declined to 1.85 billion shares valued at RM2.26bil. Advancing counters beat decliners 678 to 182 while 245 counters were unchanged.
Despite the technical rebound after the heavy foreign selling this week, investors would not be rushing in to take huge risks.
Reuters reported signs of delay in expected Western military strikes on Syria ended a three-day sell off on world share markets on Thursday, but investors were on edge over whether any action would trigger turmoil across the Middle East.
Indonesian shares extended early gains after the central bank hiked interest rates on Thursday, closing 1.9% up for the day.
At Bursa Malaysia, Petronas related counters were among the gainers, with Petronas Gas up 42 sen to RM19.54 and Petronas Dagangan 32 sen higher at RM26.36.
HLFG rose 28 sen to RM14.12 on its stronger earnings while Maybank rose 24 sen to RM9.94.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down