Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virgin launches services

Go down

Virgin launches services Empty Virgin launches services

Post by Cals Tue 17 Sep 2013, 03:08

Published: Saturday September 14, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM 
Updated: Saturday September 14, 2013 MYT 6:44:21 AM

Virgin launches services

DUBAI: Virgin Mobile Middle East & Africa (VMMEA) has launched virtual telecom services in Malaysia, teaming up with the country’s No. 4 operator U Mobile and stepping up competition in an already crowded market.
Dubai-based VMMEA, part-owned by British entrepreneur Richard Branson’s Virgin Group, is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO).
VMMEA – holder of MVNO licences in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, South Africa and Oman – will operate under its brand Friendi in Malaysia, which usually targets foreign workers.
“Malaysia has strong cultural, trade and tourism links with the Middle East markets where VMMEA has the bulk of operations,” VMMEA chief executive Mikkel Vintersaid in a statement.
The company enters a crowded Malaysian telecoms market, which already has four mobile operators and other MVNOs.
Mobile penetration was 143% at the end of June, according to data from the country’s telecom regulator.
This is little changed from the end of 2012, indicating stagnating subscriber growth. — Reuters
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down