Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Kent’s 2Q profit down slightly

Go down

George Kent’s 2Q profit down slightly Empty George Kent’s 2Q profit down slightly

Post by Cals Wed 25 Sep 2013, 00:43

George Kent’s 2Q profit down slightly
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Cynthia Blemin of theedgemalaysia.com
Tuesday, 24 September 2013 19:09

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 24): GEORGE KENT (M) BHD [] posted slightly lower net profit of RM5.11 million for the second quarter ended July 31, 2013, as compared to RM5.79 million in the previous corresponding period.

Revenue for the second quarter increased by 46% to RM82.95 million from RM56.78 million previously, it said in a filing on Bursa today.

The board declared an interim dividend of 2 sen less 25% tax per share.

The company said although it achieved higher CONSTRUCTION [] revenue, the overall gross margin was lower due mainly to lower manufacturing revenue and lower construction margin.

It said the Ampang LRT extension project is expected to contribute positively to its earnings.

It said it is optimistic of its prospects for the current financial year ending January 31, 2014.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down