Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreigners trim Malaysian Govt debt holdings

Go down

Foreigners trim Malaysian Govt debt holdings Empty Foreigners trim Malaysian Govt debt holdings

Post by Cals Thu 10 Oct 2013, 09:00

Published: Thursday October 10, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM 
Updated: Thursday October 10, 2013 MYT 7:37:41 AM

Foreigners trim Malaysian Govt debt holdings

KUALA LUMPUR: Foreigners trimmed their holdings of Malaysian government bonds for a fourth straight month in August, according to data from Bank Negara.
Their holdings were RM125.51bil (US$39.28bil) at the end of August, compared with RM125.54bil at end-July and a peak of RM144.98bil in April.
Malaysia is among emerging nations that have seen a reduction in foreign holdings of government bonds after chairman Ben Bernanke said in May that the US Federal Reserve intended to start reducing its bond-buying this year.
The lower foreign holdings have been a factor in the weakening of the ringgit. Since Bernanke’s May remarks, the ringgit has shed more than 6% against the US dollar.
At the end of August, foreign holdings of Bank Negara bills and notes fell to RM55.37bil from RM58.81bil in July.
Foreign holdings of government-issued Islamic bonds, or sukuk, fell to RM2.55bil in August from RM2.71bil the previous month. Non-Malaysian holdings of private sector debt rose to RM10.08bil from RM10.03bil. — Reuters
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down