Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norway fund blacklists Malaysia' WTK, Tan Ann and 3 others

Go down

Norway fund blacklists Malaysia' WTK, Tan Ann and 3 others Empty Norway fund blacklists Malaysia' WTK, Tan Ann and 3 others

Post by Cals Tue 15 Oct 2013, 09:06

Published: Tuesday October 15, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM 
Updated: Tuesday October 15, 2013 MYT 7:56:26 AM

Norway fund blacklists Malaysia' WTK, Tan Ann and 3 others

PETALING JAYA: Norway has excluded five companies from the investments of the nation’s sovereign wealth fund, the world’s largest, for taking part in activities that damage the environment or for being linked to child labour, Bloomberg reported.
Local timber firms WTK Holdings Bhd and Ta Ann Holdings Bhd were excluded alongside China’s Zijin Mining Group and Peru’s Volcan Cia Minera SAA.
This was done on the basis that their activities risk causing severe damage to the environment, Bloomberg said citing a statement by the Oslo-based ministry.
India’s Zuari Agro Chemicals Ltd was also excluded “based on an assessment of the risk of contributing to the worst forms of child labour,” it said.
As at press time, WTK did not respond to e-mail queries by StarBiz on this matter while Ta Ann said its chief executive officer was travelling and that it shall try its best to respond “soonest”.
Bloomberg said the world’s largest wealth fund takes into account ethical rules encompassing human rights, some weapons production, the environment and tobacco when deciding on its investments.
It has excluded including Wal-Mart Stores Inc and British American Tobacco Plcfollowing recommendations from the ministry’s Ethics Council.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down