Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accept offer for KHSB: Kenanga

Go down

Accept offer for KHSB: Kenanga Empty Accept offer for KHSB: Kenanga

Post by Cals Tue 22 Oct 2013, 09:05

Accept offer for KHSB: Kenanga
Posted on 22 October 2013 - 05:39am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PETALING JAYA (Oct 22, 2013): Kumpulan Darul Ehsan Bhd's (KDEB) takeover bid for Kumpulan Hartanah Selangor Bhd (KHSB) at 83.6 sen per share has been deemed "not fair but reasonable", according to independent adviser Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd (KIBB).

Considering the merits of reasonableness outweigh the demerits associated with the offer price's 42.58% discount to the fair value attributable to each KHSB share of RM1.46, KIBB said it is recommending shareholders to accept the offer made by KDEB for shares it does not own in its property arm.

KDEB, the investment arm of the Selangor state government, holds 88.7% of KHSB shares as at Oct 16, 2013.

In a circular to KHSB shareholders issued yesterday, KIBB believes the offer represents an exit opportunity for KHSB shareholders to realise their investment in the company at a premium over the historical closing market prices of KHSB shares and is above the highest traded price of KHSB in the past two years.

KIBB also noted that the overall prospects of KHSB Group is going to remain subdued due to its relatively low cash balance, coupled with significant borrowings in acquiring additional land banks and/or undertaking new development projects to sustain its earnings and also enhance the group's intrinsic value further.

KDEB has said that it does not intend to maintain the listing status of KHSB once the takeover offer is accepted.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down