Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affin keeps ‘add’ for PetChem after proposed divestment

Go down

Affin keeps ‘add’ for PetChem after proposed divestment Empty Affin keeps ‘add’ for PetChem after proposed divestment

Post by Cals Thu 07 Nov 2013, 14:14

Affin keeps ‘add’ for PetChem after proposed divestment
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 07 November 2013 11:13

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 7): Affin Investment Bank Research has maintained its ‘add’ call on Petronas Chemicals Group Bhd (PetChem) at RM7.12 with unchanged target price (TP) of RM7.50 as the research house is neutral on the proposed divestment.

In a note today, Affin IB said the proposed divestment is inline with the group’s portfolio optimisation strategy.

It said the Vietnam PVC business had minimal contribution to the group’s earnings.

“We make no change to our earnings forecast, ‘add’ rating and TP of RM7.50 based on 15 times CY14 earnings per share,” said Affin IB research analyst Issac Chow.

“We continue to like PetChem for its strong parentage, good governance, experienced management and cashflow prowess.”

Yesterday, the integrated chemicals producer announced it would divest its 93.11% stake in Phu My Plastics and Chemical Co Ltd, a Vietnam based PVC resin manufacturer to Asahi Glass Co Ltd and Mitsubishi Corp.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down