Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 125,000 ecacuated as typhoon Haiyan hits the Philippines

Go down

Over 125,000 ecacuated as typhoon Haiyan hits the Philippines Empty Over 125,000 ecacuated as typhoon Haiyan hits the Philippines

Post by Cals Fri 08 Nov 2013, 13:42

Over 125,000 ecacuated as typhoon Haiyan hits the Philippines
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Bernama   
Friday, 08 November 2013 11:32
MANILA (Nov 8): At least 125,604 residents have been evacuated to safety as super typhoon Haiyan made a landfall over Guiuan municipality in eastern Samar of the Philippines on Friday morning.
The typhoon is believed to be the strongest cyclone of the year, Xinhua news agency reported.
The Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration said typhoon Haiyan or known locally as Yolanda made its second landfall over Leyte province in the country's eastern coast at 7 a.m. local time.
The typhoon had maximum sustained winds of 235 kilometres per hour (kph) and gusts of up to 275 kph.
A total of 28,807 people were evacuated in Surigao Del Nore.
"No reports of casualties have been received but Siargao Island is in total blackout. Five houses have been totally damaged, four others were partially damaged," said Albert Caber, spokesman for eastern mindanao command of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said typhoon warning signal No. 4 (winds of 185 kph may be expected in 12 hours) has been hoisted in 25 provinces in central and southern Philippines.
Classes were suspended in Visayas and Mindanao regions.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down