Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IOI Corp 1Q profit plunges 50% yoy

Go down

IOI Corp 1Q profit plunges 50% yoy Empty IOI Corp 1Q profit plunges 50% yoy

Post by Cals Tue 19 Nov 2013, 00:03

IOI Corp 1Q profit plunges 50% yoy
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Ahmad Naqib Idris Adzman Shah of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 18 November 2013 19:05
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 18): IOI Corporation Bhd’s (IOI) profit for the first quarter to September had fallen by 50% to RM302 million from RM604 million in the previous year’s corresponding quarter.

The first quarter revenue was near flat, at RM3.24 billion compared to RM3.13 billion in the previous year’s corresponding quarter.

The plantation group said translation loss of RM164.1 million on foreign currency denominated borrowings, coupled with much lower profit from the plantation segment in the quarter had contributed to profit fall.

In the first quarter of the previous financial year, translation gain stood at RM259 million.

IOI said its plantation profit decreased by 36% to RM256.1 million for Q1 FY2014, as compared to RM401.2 million reported for Q1 FY2013.

“Going forward, we also expect higher contribution from our associate in Indonesia, Bumitama Agri Ltd as more of their young palm trees will reach peak production years.”

For the quarter, the group had performed better in their resource-based manufacturing due to increase in sales volume and margin in their sub-segments.

The property development segment had also done well in the first quarter, with higher development revenue and an increase in share of results from jointly controlled entities.

IOI said it expects its performance to be satisfactory in the remaining quarters of the current financial year.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down