Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job Outlook Slower hiring for Q4

Go down

Job Outlook Slower hiring for Q4 Empty Job Outlook Slower hiring for Q4

Post by Cals Tue 19 Nov 2013, 17:52

Job Outlook Slower hiring for Q4
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Ahmad Naqib Idris Adzman Shah of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 19 November 2013 17:01
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 19): Hiring is expected to slow down in the fourth quarter of 2013 as existing employees will stay put for their bonuses payable early next year, according to JobStreet.com’s Job Outlook Report.
This is similar to the previous year’s study results, as 40% of respondents in the online job portal’s study said that job growth during the end of the quarter will slow down.
“With the reinforcement of minimum wage in January 2014, we cannot afford to hire more employees,” said one hiring manager.
A total of 28% of the respondents, mainly from the accounting, sales, marketing and construction industries, predict job growth to improve.
Around 51% of respondents said they will improve salaries and “provide better work arrangements” in an effort to retain leaving employees.
A majority of employers have also highlighted that finding talented employees with the right skill sets proves to be challenging as they face stiffer competition in hiring.
“There will be no shortage of job opportunities for good talents in Malaysia. Good times or bad, good talents will always be sought after,” said one participant of the survey.
Sales and marketing takes the top spot in the top ten specializations employers seek in the fourth quarter, according to the findings of the survey. This is followed by accounting and finance, engineering, computer and IT and manufacturing.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down