Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New NAP will not be a re-rating catalyst for Auto sector, says RHB Research

Go down

New NAP will not be a re-rating catalyst for Auto sector, says RHB Research Empty New NAP will not be a re-rating catalyst for Auto sector, says RHB Research

Post by Cals Wed 20 Nov 2013, 18:47

New NAP will not be a re-rating catalyst for Auto sector, says RHB Research
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Jonathan Gan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Wednesday, 20 November 2013 14:25

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 20): RHB Research has maintained its Neutral rating for the Malaysian automotive sector and said it the new National Automotive Policy (now expected to be announced by the Government in mid-Jan 2014) will not be a re-rating catalyst for the sector in the near-term.

In a note Wednesday, the research house said it expects a solid 4Q13, aided by a competitive market place and strong pipeline of forthcoming new models.

RHB Research however cautioned that the year-end sales push could result in some margin erosion.

“Headwinds for the sector going forward include higher: i) interest rates, ii) fuel prices, and iii) inflationary pressure, which will reduce disposable income and cap discretionary consumer spending.

“The new National Automotive Policy (now expected to be announced by the Government in mid-Jan 2014) will not be a re-rating catalyst for the sector in the near-term, as the benefits to the industry from a well-conceived policy will only accrue over the medium-to longer-term,” it said.

The research house added that macroeconomic headwinds and a relatively saturated market would limit volume growth in 2014.

RHB Research’s top pick for the sector is Tan Chong Motor Holdings Bhd with a fair value of RM6.80.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down