Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perdana Petroleum buying three vessels for US$50m

Go down

Perdana Petroleum buying three vessels for US$50m Empty Perdana Petroleum buying three vessels for US$50m

Post by Cals Mon 25 Nov 2013, 01:27

Published: Friday November 22, 2013 MYT 7:34:00 PM 
Updated: Friday November 22, 2013 MYT 7:36:09 PM

Perdana Petroleum buying three vessels for US$50m

KUALA LUMPUR: Perdana Petroleum Bhd is buying three vessels from Mount Bintang LLC and Mount Bubu LLC for a total of US$50mil.
It said on Friday its unit Perdana Mercury Ltd had signed memorandum of agreements with the two companies to purchase the three vessels -- Perdana Liberty, Perdana Frontier and Perdana Horizon.
Perdana Petroleum had in the same statement pointed out it had opted to purchase the vessels instead and had earlier terminated the bareboat charter arrangement with Mount Bintang and Mount Bubu.
“The termination and the purchase will result in the recognition of the vessels as assets of the Perdana Petroleum and hence converting the vessels that are foreign flag to Malaysian flag,” it said.
It pointed out the purchase of the vessels would be funded by internally generated funds and bank borrowings.
The Perdana Petroleum Group has secured re-financing facilities of approximately US$34mil to part finance the purchase of the vessels,” it said.
It added the purchase would result in savings in terms of lease rental expense against interest cost and depreciation of about RM10mil per annum. The gearing ratio will increase from 0.7 times to 0.9 times.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down