Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UBS reaches immunity deal with EU over Libor

Go down

UBS reaches immunity deal with EU over Libor Empty UBS reaches immunity deal with EU over Libor

Post by Cals Mon 25 Nov 2013, 01:32

Published: Saturday November 23, 2013 MYT 6:51:00 AM 
Updated: Saturday November 23, 2013 MYT 6:52:50 AM

UBS reaches immunity deal with EU over Libor

NEW YORK: UBS AG has reached an immunity deal with European Union authorities that will protect the Swiss bank from further penalties for alleged manipulation of key interest rates, the WallStreet Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Under the arrangement, UBS is rewarded for cooperating with investigators and turning over information about other banks, the Journal reported.
UBS has been granted immunity in a case relating to efforts to manipulate the London interbank offered rate, or Libor, according to WSJ. (http://link.reuters.com/gym84v)
Authorities in the United States, Britain and elsewhere have so far fined UBS, Royal Bank of Scotland , Barclays , Rabobank and brokerICAP  $3.7 billion for manipulating rates.
The Libor and its European cousin (Euribor) are used to price hundreds of trillions of dollars in assets, from mortgages to derivatives.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down