Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lion Industries 1Q loss widens to RM54m

Go down

Lion Industries 1Q loss widens to RM54m Empty Lion Industries 1Q loss widens to RM54m

Post by Cals Wed 27 Nov 2013, 21:56

Lion Industries 1Q loss widens to RM54m
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Chong Jin Hun of theedgemalaysia.com   
Wednesday, 27 November 2013 17:58
KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 27): Lion Industries Corp Bhd's net loss widened to RM54.33 million in the first quarter ended September 30, 2013 from a net loss of RM25.92 million a year earlier. This came mainly on a wider loss at its steel production unit.

In a statement to the exchange, Lion Industries said revenue fell to RM1.05 billion from RM1.12 billion.

"This (revenue decline) was mainly due to the lower sales registered by our building materials division. The group registered a higher operating loss of RM55.3 million largely due to the higher loss recorded by the steel division," Lion Industries said.

Its steel unit will be closely watched. The firm said the outlook for the steel sector is challenging on global economic uncertainties.

Lion Industries said the performance of its steel operations hinges on domestic construction activities and raw material prices. The raw materials include scrap and iron ore.

"Under such circumstances, the group's performance would remain challenging in the next quarter,"  Lion Industries said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down