Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petroleum Brunei to buy 3 pct stake in Petronas' Canadian shale assets

Go down

Petroleum Brunei to buy 3 pct stake in Petronas' Canadian shale assets Empty Petroleum Brunei to buy 3 pct stake in Petronas' Canadian shale assets

Post by Cals Mon 09 Dec 2013, 13:33

Petroleum Brunei to buy 3 pct stake in Petronas' Canadian shale assets
Business & Markets 2013
Written by Reuters   
Monday, 09 December 2013 12:41
KUALA LUMPUR (Dec 9): Petroleum Brunei will buy a 3 percent stake in Malaysian state firm Petronas' shale gas assets in Canada for an undisclosed sum, becoming the second firm to share development costs and take up liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the $35 billion project.
Petronas said on Monday that Brunei's state oil firm will acquire 3 percent equity in the natural gas assets of Progress Energy Canada and the Pacific Northwest LNG facility with a total capacity of 12 million tonnes per year.
"As part of the proposed transaction, Petroleum Brunei has agreed to buy a 3 percent share of the LNG facility's production for a minimum of 20 years," Petronas said in a statement following a meeting between Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak and Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah over the weekend.
Petroleum Brunei's deal comes after Japan Petroleum Exploration Co agreed to buy a 10 percent stake in the integrated shale gas development and LNG project in March for an undisclosed sum.
Petronas, which plans to cut its stake in the project to 50 percent, has also been in discussions with energy firms in China and India to buy into the development and also take up the LNG exports, sources have earlier told Reuters. - Reuters 
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down