Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MBSB FY13 pre-tax profit rises 42% to RM932m

Go down

MBSB FY13 pre-tax profit rises 42% to RM932m Empty MBSB FY13 pre-tax profit rises 42% to RM932m

Post by Cals Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:01

MBSB FY13 pre-tax profit rises 42% to RM932m
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:55

KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 28): Malaysia Building Society Bhd's (MBSB) pre-tax profit grew 42 per cent to RM932.34 million in its financial year ended Dec 31, 2013 (FY13) from RM656.22 million previously.

In a filing to Bursa Malaysia, the group said the increase was mainly driven by higher income from Islamic banking operations via personal financing and other income. 

Revenue rose to RM2.51 billion in the year compared to RM1.83 billion previously while earnings per share jumped to 37.07 sen from 21.64 sen. 

MBSB declared total dividend of 10 sen per share for FY13, including an interim dividend of five sen per share in the fourth quarter.

On outlook, MBSB said personal financing would continue to be the main driver of asset growth in its retail segment, albeit at a slower growth. 

While sustaining the personal financing portfolio, the group added that it had been expanding the corporate business segment including tapping into
opportunities under the government's Economic Transformation Programme. 

"Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the group expects performance in 2014 to be satisfactory," said MBSB.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down