Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock Golsta falls 11.7% on disappointing offer from Clement Hii

Go down

Hot Stock Golsta falls 11.7% on disappointing offer from Clement Hii Empty Hot Stock Golsta falls 11.7% on disappointing offer from Clement Hii

Post by Cals Tue 25 Feb 2014, 01:35

Hot Stock Golsta falls 11.7% on disappointing offer from Clement Hii
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Ho Wah Foon of theedgemalaysia.com   
Monday, 24 February 2014 12:24

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 24): Golsta Synergy Bhd fell 29 sen or 11.7% at noon as investors were disappointed with the takeover offer price of RM2.10 per share.

Last Friday, the stock rose sharply by 48 sen or 24% to close at RM2.48 after news broke at noon that journalist-turned-businessman Tan Sri Clement Hii had bought 27.27% stake in Golsta Synergy.

At market close last Friday, Hii announced he had acquired a total of 36.69% stake in Golsta Synergy and would launch a conditional mandatory general offer for the rest of the shares at RM2.10.

At 12.02 pm, Golsta fell 29 sen or 11.7% to become the fourth top loser on the exchange with trades of 220,600 shares done.

Hii had bought Golsta Synergy shares through GS Capital Sdn Bhd.

Golsta is an investment holding company which engages in the design, fabrication and installation of industrial machines. It has operations in the cultivation and marketing of oil palm seeds and seedlings.

Golsta is currently a loss-making company, reporting a net loss of RM1.61 million in its third quarter ended Sept 30, 2013. It had a net asset value of RM1.161 per share.

Hii, a known corporate player, has personal investments in education, properties, media, technology, manufacturing, and food and beverage.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down