Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I-Bhd 4Q net profit jumps 225%, pays 6 sen dividend

Go down

I-Bhd 4Q net profit jumps 225%, pays 6 sen dividend Empty I-Bhd 4Q net profit jumps 225%, pays 6 sen dividend

Post by Cals Fri 28 Feb 2014, 14:28

I-Bhd 4Q net profit jumps 225%, pays 6 sen dividend
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jonathan Gan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Friday, 28 February 2014 13:37

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 28): Property developer I-Bhd reported a 225% jump in fourth quarter net profit from a year earlier on the back of higher revenue. Investment properties' fair value gain had also supported profit growth.

In a statement to the exchange today, I-Bhd said net profit rose to RM29.6 million from RM9.1 million. Revenue climbed to RM55.7 million from RM30.7 million.

I-Bhds's income statement shows that the firm registered a fair value gain of RM13 million from its investment properties.

Full-year net profit rose to RM44 million from RM16.8 million a year earlier. Revenue was higher at RM152.1 million versus RM66.7 million.

In a separate statement, I-Bhd deputy chairman Datuk Eu Hong Chew
said the revenue increase was mainly due to higher sales from on-going projects in the group’s property development division as well as growth in the leisure division.

The company proposed a final single-tier dividend of six sen a share for shareholders’ approval at the company's annual general meeting.

Chew also highlighted the change in the group’s business. The property development segment has emerged as the group’s biggest revenue contributor, accounting for 62.4% of the total revenue.

“The growth of the property development segment is the result of various projects in i-City coming on stream.

“In 2012, we launched about RM300 million gross development value (GDV) (worth) of projects while in 2013, the launched GDV was in excess of RM1 billion.”

In 2014, Eu said I-Bhd planned to launch projects worth RM775 million in i-City. Another RM820 million portion is expected to come from its Grand i-residence project.

Grand i-residence is located close to the Kuala Lumpur City Centre.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down