Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strategy 1Q14 numbers should show improvement – CIMB Research

Go down

Strategy 1Q14 numbers should show improvement – CIMB Research Empty Strategy 1Q14 numbers should show improvement – CIMB Research

Post by Cals Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:30

Strategy 1Q14 numbers should show improvement – CIMB Research
Business & Markets 2014
Written by theedgemalaysia.com
Tuesday, 04 March 2014 09:43

KUALA LUMPUR (March 4): CIMB Research has maintained its end 2014 FBM KLCI target of 2,030 points and said 1Q14 numbers should show improvement as the market EPS growth was projected to accelerate in 2014.

In a strategy note Tuesday, the research house said the February results season was not as encouraging as it had hoped for as the revision ratio slipped from 0.6x to 0.56x.

But overall, CIMB Research said the performance was not significantly different from the Nov results season in terms of earnings performance and prospects.

“We continue to prefer the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) winners, i.e. oil & gas, construction and property sectors.

“We also believe smaller cap stocks will continue to outperform.

CIMB Research said its revision ratio (number of forecasts upgraded versus number of forecasts downgraded) had slipped from 0.6x in Nov to 0.56x in Feb.
“This ratio is still higher than the five quarters over the 2Q12-2Q13 period and could be a hiccup as we still expect the ratio to improve in the coming quarters,” it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down