Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local equities mart remains attractive to investors: SC

Go down

Local equities mart remains attractive to investors: SC Empty Local equities mart remains attractive to investors: SC

Post by Cals Wed 12 Mar 2014, 20:37

Local equities mart remains attractive to investors: SC
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Wednesday, 12 March 2014 20:07

KUALA LUMPUR (March 12): The Malaysian equities market continues to remain attractive to local and global investors, after its strong performance last year, says Securities Commission Malaysia (SC).

The market grew 10.5 per cent to RM2.7 trillion in 2013, with key market segments recording steady growth on the back of robust domestic fundamentals.

In its 2013 annual report, the commission said that the corporate sector exposure to market, credit and business-cycle risks, had risen.

"There remains the possibility that the defensive nature of Malaysia's equities market, may increase its relative attractiveness, as global investors increasingly differentiate between emerging stock markets," it said.

Meanwhile, the SC said, investors were convinced that global economic recovery was imminent, or that if it faltered, monetary support would be readily forthcoming.

Central banks have signalled, however, an intention to gradually withdraw such support, over the coming months, in line with solidifying growth in their economies, it said.

"Markets may therefore be prone to shocks, if actual growth rates disappoint, or if monetary normalisation takes place at a faster pace, than the markets expect. 

"Investors remain exposed to interest rate volatility, owing to the large flows of funds into yield-driven assets, as well as growth of certain financing structures, over the past few years," it added.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down