Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JCorp's pre-tax profit up 121 pct to RM1.37 bln

Go down

JCorp's pre-tax profit up 121 pct to RM1.37 bln Empty JCorp's pre-tax profit up 121 pct to RM1.37 bln

Post by Cals Thu 20 Mar 2014, 19:05

JCorp's pre-tax profit up 121 pct to RM1.37 bln
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Thursday, 20 March 2014 18:03

KUALA LUMPUR (March 20): Johor Corp's (JCorp) pre-tax profit for financial year ended Dec 31, 2013, rose by 121 per cent to RM1.37 billion, from RM617 million in the same period of 2012.

"The group's pre-tax profit was against the backdrop of RM6.57 billion revenue, which did not take into account the quick service restaurant sector, which was equity accounted, following the acquisition of QSR Brands Bhd," it said in a statement, here today.

JCorp said that 85 per cent of the profits were derived from the three core businesses — plantation, property and healthcare.

The robust performance was also due to JCorp's strategic business transformation plan, that continued to develop and grow its core sectors, it said.

President/Chief Executive, Datuk Kamaruzzaman Abu Kassim, said JCorp's plantation segment would register commendable earnings this year, driven by strong business fundamentals in the long term, higher fresh fruit bunches yield and progressive replanting, that has increased matured palm oil area.

"JCorp is also expanding its plantation landbank to Indonesia, via the takeover of 75 per cent equity in PT Wisesa Inspirasi Nusantara, increasing its total landbank by 40,000 hectares," he said.

He said that the move would also enable the group to explore opportunities in downstream and upstream oil and gas sectors.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down