Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock Symphony soars 104% on Ranhill reverse take-over proposal

Go down

Hot Stock Symphony soars 104% on Ranhill reverse take-over proposal Empty Hot Stock Symphony soars 104% on Ranhill reverse take-over proposal

Post by Cals Thu 27 Mar 2014, 12:36

Hot Stock Symphony soars 104% on Ranhill reverse take-over proposal
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Ahmad Naqib Idris Adzman Shah of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 27 March 2014 10:34

KUALA LUMPUR (Mar 27): Symphony House Bhd soared as much 104% in morning trade after the business process outsourcing entity announced a reverse take-over (RTO) proposal by Ranhill Energy and Resources Bhd.

At 9.58am, Symphony was traded at 22 sen, up 8.5 sen or 63% with some 101.3 million shares done. The exchange's most-active stock was also the eighth largest gainer.

Earlier, the counter had more than doubled its opening price of 13.5 sen, for a 14 sen rise to reach a high of 27.5 sen.

A dealer said the price of Symphony shares was being driven by speculation, partly relating to the positive outlook on the oil and gas (O&G) sector.

“I think that the price spike is due to speculation as investors do not really know much about Ranhill Energy besides the fact that it deals in O&G , water and power.

“Part of the reason behind the rise in price may be due to the positive outlook on the O&G segment,” he told theedgemalaysia.com.

Analysts had earlier anticipated Symphony will attract market attention on the latest corporate development.

"Meanwhile, the following stocks may attract added interest today: (These include) Symphony House, which has entered into an MOU to
pursue negotiations for a proposed reverse takeover exercise of the company by Ranhill Energy and Resources," HwangDBS Vickers Research Sdn Bhd wrote in a note today.

Yesterday, Symphony said the RTO would see the company acquiring the entire stake in Ranhill Energy's operating units. These include Ranhill Group Sdn Bhd and its subsidiaries under a heads of agreement  between Symphony and Ranhill Energy.

Symphony will issue new shares at RM1.50 each as payment to Ranhill Energy.

According to Symphony, the RTO plan includes the consolidation of existing Symphony shares besides a public issue, and renounceable rights issue of new shares in the company.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down