Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bursa AGM Shareholders raise questions on Bursa’s efficiency, “high” brokerage at 3-hr long AGM

Go down

Bursa AGM Shareholders raise questions on Bursa’s efficiency, “high” brokerage at 3-hr long AGM Empty Bursa AGM Shareholders raise questions on Bursa’s efficiency, “high” brokerage at 3-hr long AGM

Post by Cals Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:34

Bursa AGM Shareholders raise questions on Bursa’s efficiency, “high” brokerage at 3-hr long AGM
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffery Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 27 March 2014 14:23

KUALA LUMPUR (March 27): Bursa Malaysia Bhd’s annual general meeting today was longer than expected, with shareholder raising questions incessantly on the operational efficiency of the stock exchange and voicing dissatisfaction on various issues.

The management of the stock exchange left the meeting, which started at 10 am and ended at 1.20 pm, without talking to reporters.

But a shareholder told theedgemalaysia.com that many questions were raised at the meeting. One was that “Bursa is not quick enough in response to unusual market activity (UMA)”.

Another said: "The trading practices are not fair to investors. We want it to be simpler and fairer for all investors."

Shareholders were also unhappy about “high brokerage fee” to buy, sell and transfer shares.

More to come….
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down