Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shares of Singapore's CapitaMalls surge 22 pct after offer from CapitaLand

Go down

Shares of Singapore's CapitaMalls surge 22 pct after offer from CapitaLand Empty Shares of Singapore's CapitaMalls surge 22 pct after offer from CapitaLand

Post by Cals Tue 15 Apr 2014, 11:47

Shares of Singapore's CapitaMalls surge 22 pct after offer from CapitaLand
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Reuters   
Tuesday, 15 April 2014 10:55

SINGAPORE (Apr 15): Shares of CapitaMalls Asia surged as much as 22 percent after Southeast Asia's biggest property developer CapitaLand Ltd offered to buy out minority shareholders in the Singapore-listed shopping mall operator.

CapitaMalls shares hit as high as S$2.21, the highest in about 14 months. Nearly 99 million shares were traded, almost 10 times its average full-day volume over the past 30 days. CapitaLand shares jumped 5.1 percent.

CapitaLand said on Monday it had offered S$2.22 per share for CapitaMalls, in which it already owns 65 percent. The S$3.06 billion ($2.45 billion) deal is aimed at simplifying CapitaLand's corporate structure and taking advantage of a discount valuation at CapitaMalls.

"We see this delisting as a rational move representing low hanging fruit for earnings and ROE (return on equity) growth," OCBC Investment Research said in a report.

The deal allows CapitaLand management to deploy significant capital to assets in CapitaMalls and contribute to earnings, OCBC said, raising its target price on CapitaLand to S$3.79 from S$3.50 and maintaining its "buy" rating.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down