Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zhulian 1Q profit plunges 42% yoy to RM17.2m

Go down

Zhulian 1Q profit plunges 42% yoy to RM17.2m Empty Zhulian 1Q profit plunges 42% yoy to RM17.2m

Post by Cals Thu 17 Apr 2014, 01:18

Zhulian 1Q profit plunges 42% yoy to RM17.2m
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jeffrey Tan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Wednesday, 16 April 2014 18:26

KUALA LUMPUR (Apr 16): Zhulian Corporation Bhd’s net profit plunged 42% year-on-year (y-o-y) to RM17.2 million in the first quarter ended Feb 28, 2014, from RM29.7 million a year ago.

Revenue also plunged 39% y-o-y to RM66.2 million from RM108.7 million.

Zhulian declared a first interim single tier dividend of 3 sen per ordinary share of RM0.50 each.

In a filing to the stock exchange, the multi-level marketing firm said the decrease in profit was in line with the drop in revenue.

Zhulian said the decrease in revenue was mainly due to a fall in both local and overseas market demands.

“The outlook of the current year remains cautiously optimistic as currently consumer sentiment on spending has been increasing,” said Zhulian going forward.

“We expect this will be translated into strengthening of demand both in local and overseas markets
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down