Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liew joins Eco World as non-executive director

Go down

Liew joins Eco World as non-executive director Empty Liew joins Eco World as non-executive director

Post by Cals Tue 06 May 2014, 17:18

Liew joins Eco World as non-executive director
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Wei Lynn Tang of theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 06 May 2014 10:18

KUALA LUMPUR: Tan Sri Liew Kee Sin has joined Eco World Development Group Bhd as a non-independent non-executive director, confirming a report by The Edge Financial Daily last Tuesday. 

His appointment came a few days following his resignation as president and chief executive officer of S P Setia Bhd effective April 30. He had helmed S P Setia for 18 years.  

Liew has an indirect interest in Eco World through his eldest son Tian Xiong, who is currently the single largest shareholder of the company with a 35.05% stake or 88.78 million shares. Tian Xiong is an executive director of Eco World. 

Although he has resigned from S P Setia and no longer has an equity interest in the company, Liew still remains as chairman of Battersea Project Holding Company Ltd (BHPC), a 40:40:20 consortium owned by S P Setia, Sime Darby Bhd and the Employees Provident Fund. 

The £8 billion (RM43.9 billion) redevelopment of the Battersea Power Station in London is slated for completion in 2022. Phase 2 of the project was just launched on May 1. 

Liew will also remain as managing director of Qinzhou Development (M) Consortium Sdn Bhd which, together with  Qinzhou Jingu Investment Co Ltd, will jointly develop the China-Malaysia Qinzhou Industrial Park.

Eco World closed one sen higher at RM4.69 yesterday.

This article first appeared in The Edge Financial Daily, on May 6, 2014.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down