Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update See seeking court declaration to rule Kian Joo takeover bid as “related party transaction”

Go down

Update See seeking court declaration to rule Kian Joo takeover bid as “related party transaction” Empty Update See seeking court declaration to rule Kian Joo takeover bid as “related party transaction”

Post by Cals Wed 07 May 2014, 22:57

Update See seeking court declaration to rule Kian Joo takeover bid as “related party transaction”
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Ho Wah Foon of theedgemalaysia.com   
Wednesday, 07 May 2014 19:56

KUALA LUMPUR (May 7): Can-One Bhd announced that Can-One, its controlling shareholder Yeoh Jin Hoe and five others were collectively served with a writ of summons today by Datuk See Teow Guan in relation to the takeover of Kian Joo Can Factory Bhd.

The matter has been fixed for case management on May 20, 2014.

“Can-One will be defending the above suit and is in the process of taking legal advice,” said Can-One in its filing with Bursa Malaysia.

See, representing himself and Kian Joo, is seeking a court declaration to state that the letter of offer dated Nov 26 last year from Aspire Insight to Kian Joo to acquire the entire business of Kian Joo is deemed a “related party transaction”.

The defendants named in the suit are Yeoh Jin Hoe, offerors Chee Khay Leong and Aspire Insight Sdn Bhd, Can-One, Can-One International, Kian Joo, Box-Pak (Malaysia) Bhd (listed unit of Kian Joo).

Kian Joo is due to hold an extraordinary general meeting to vote on this takeover proposal later this month or next month.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down