Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bank Islam sees compressed net income margin this year

Go down

Bank Islam sees compressed net income margin this year Empty Bank Islam sees compressed net income margin this year

Post by Cals Fri 16 May 2014, 02:09

Bank Islam sees compressed net income margin this year
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Shalini Kumar of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 15 May 2014 12:28

KUALA LUMPUR (May 15): Bank Islam's net income margin (NIM) is expected to be slightly compressed in 2014 to slightly below 3%, says BIMB Holdings Bhd Group Managing Director and CEO Johan Abdullah. Bank Islam is a unit under BIMB.

Speaking to reporters after BIMB's annual general meeting today, Johan said the margin compression was due to the increasingly competitive market environment.

"Usually, we enjoy a margin of 3% and above. However, this year, we expect  competition in both the conventional and Islamic banking markets to intensify.

"Nevertheless, we foresee the margin to be above the overall industry average of 2.5%," he said.

On BIMB's aim to expand into the Indonesian market, Abdullah said BIMB was still "very interested" to enter the market, but had yet to find the right partner.

Bank Islam Managing Director Datuk Seri Zukri Samat said it was looking to establish another seven branches by the end of this year.

"By the end of 2015, we aim to have a total of 150 branches set up nationwide including Sabah and Sarawak, " he said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down