Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affin Q1 pre-tax profit falls to RM185.8 mln

Go down

Affin Q1 pre-tax profit falls to RM185.8 mln Empty Affin Q1 pre-tax profit falls to RM185.8 mln

Post by Cals Tue 20 May 2014, 00:12

Affin Q1 pre-tax profit falls to RM185.8 mln
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Monday, 19 May 2014 20:07

KUALA LUMPUR (May 19): Affin Holdings Bhd's pre-tax profit for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014, declined to RM185.8 million, from RM203.5 million in the same period last year.

Revenue, however, rose to RM764.9 million, from RM732.8 million previously.

Affin Holdings in a statement today, said the lower pre-tax profit was mainly due to higher overhead expenses and share of losses in jointly-controlled entities, despite an increase in Islamic banking income and share of results in associate.

However, chairman Tan Sri Mohd Zahidi Zainuddin was confident that it would be able to maintain its growth momentum for the rest of the year.

"With the recent completion of the acquisition of the investment banking and asset management businesses of HwangDBS, we will be able to capitalise on the synergies created from the businesses acquired," he said.

He said, the synergies included cross-selling opportunities, sharing of best practices, optimisation of scale to improve efficiency in key business areas and rationalisation of cost.

He added that there was upside prospects for cross-synergies between its various business units and more efforts would be put in place to ensure that it seizes the inherent opportunities in the market.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down