Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AG Report Johor Foods urged to explore other business after sale of business

Go down

AG Report Johor Foods urged to explore other business after sale of business Empty AG Report Johor Foods urged to explore other business after sale of business

Post by Cals Tue 17 Jun 2014, 01:19

AG Report Johor Foods urged to explore other business after sale of business
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Bernama   
Monday, 16 June 2014 18:11

JOHOR BAHARU (June 16): Johor Foods Sdn Bhd, wholly-owned unit of Johor Corp, has been urged to explore other business to continue to generate profit.

According to the second series of the 2013 Auditor-General's Report, released here today, this followed the sales of all its oil palm estates and factories, which were one of its key activities.

"Starting May 2012, Johor Foods has not received any revenue contribution from this key source, as the oil palm estates and factories had been sold to Syarikat Mahamurni Plantations Sdn Bhd for RM253.32 million.

"All the funds from the sale were channelled to the parent company. Until the completion of the audit exercise, Johor Foods has still not venture[d]into any new business to find new sources of revenue," it said.

The report said, based on feedback received on March 11, 2014, Johor Foods said that the sale of the oil palm estates and factories was decided by Johor Corp — its main shareholder.

It said that Johor Foods has not declared any dividend to Johor Corp from 2010 to 2012, although it made a profit.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down