Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Stock PANAMY shares fall as much as 9% after disappointing dividends

Go down

Hot Stock PANAMY shares fall as much as 9% after disappointing dividends Empty Hot Stock PANAMY shares fall as much as 9% after disappointing dividends

Post by Cals Fri 27 Jun 2014, 00:28

Hot Stock PANAMY shares fall as much as 9% after disappointing dividends
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Jonathan Gan of theedgemalaysia.com   
Thursday, 26 June 2014 16:26

KUALA LUMPUR (June 26): Panasonic Manufacturing Malaysia Bhd's (PANAMY) shares fell as much as 202 sen or 9% today after it announced sharply lower dividends.

Yesterday, it proposed payment of 58 sen in total dividends -- significantly lower than 173 sen in total dividends announced the same time last year.

At 4.09 pm, shares of PANAMY fell 72 sen or 3.2% to RM21.80 with some 88,000 shares traded. Earlier, it had hit a low of RM20.50, after losing 102 sen. 

For the financial year ended March 31, 2013, the company declared a final dividend of 35 sen and a special dividend of 138 sen per share, bringing total dividend to 173 sen per share.

Yesterday, PANAMY proposed a special dividend of 23 sen per share and final dividend of 35 sen for shareholders for the year end-March 2014.

The ex-date for the dividends falls on Sept 5, 2014, it said in a filing with Bursa Malaysia.

The company posted a new record revenue of RM899.2 million for the year ended March 2014, a 4.0% rise compared with the previous year’s RM864.6 million.

It achieved a profit before tax of RM105.2 million for the year ended 31 March 2014, up 10.9% over the previous year’s RM94.9 million.

A dealer familiar with the stock told theedgemalaysia.com that the big fall in the stock was partly due to “illiquid trading activities.”
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down