Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affin IB Research maintains Reduce on CIMB, trims target price

Go down

Affin IB Research maintains Reduce on CIMB, trims target price Empty Affin IB Research maintains Reduce on CIMB, trims target price

Post by Cals Wed 06 Aug 2014, 01:02

Affin IB Research maintains Reduce on CIMB, trims target price
Business & Markets 2014
Written by theedgemalaysia.com   
Tuesday, 05 August 2014 08:46

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 5): Affin IB Research has maintained its Reduce rating on CIMB Group Holdings Bhd at RM7.02 with a lower target price of RM6.63 (from RM7.05) and said it remains cautious on CIMB's outlook, largely due to risks emanating from CIMB Niaga (1H14 net profit was down 8.5% y-o-y) while outlook in 2H14 remains subdued with expectations of further increase in credit costs (driven by Indonesia), lower non-interest income (as Banca fees were capped by the Bank Indonesia) and continuous NIM pressure (10bps compression at the Group level).
In a note Tuesday, the research house said consensus FY14E net profit looks aggressive at RM4.6 billion relative to CIMB's 1Q14 net profit of RM1.1 billion.
“Coupled with a weak 2H14 earnings prospects, this will likely put pressure on stock price.
“Meanwhile, we are also concerned about CIMB potentially forking out a premium to pay for the M&A with RHBCap and MBSB,” it said.
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down