Bursa Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aug 18th - Stocks to Watch Affin, PMB, Sime Darby, IOI Corp, Top Glove, Tasek

Go down

Aug 18th - Stocks to Watch Affin, PMB, Sime Darby, IOI Corp, Top Glove, Tasek Empty Aug 18th - Stocks to Watch Affin, PMB, Sime Darby, IOI Corp, Top Glove, Tasek

Post by Cals Sat 16 Aug 2014, 00:40

Stocks to Watch Affin, PMB, Sime Darby, IOI Corp, Top Glove, Tasek
Business & Markets 2014
Written by Chong Jin Hun of theedgemalaysia.com   
Friday, 15 August 2014 18:58

KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 15):  Based on Bursa Malaysia announcements and news flow today, stocks to watch this Monday (Aug 18) may include the following companies :

Affin Holdings Bhd's net profit fell 30% to RM111.99 million in the second quarter ended June 30, 2014 from RM159.31 million a year earlier. Revenue rose to RM904.46 million from RM757.12 million.

First-half net profit declined to RM254.72 million from RM310.14 million a year earlier. Revenue was higher at RM1.67 billion compared to RM1.49 billion.

Bursa Malaysia has queried PMB Technology Bhd after shares of the aluminium products entity hit limit up today. PMB shares rose as much as 42 sen or 30% to RM1.84 before settling at RM1.81 at 5pm.

PMB, which was the second-largest gainer across the exchange, saw some six million shares done.

The spotlight may also fall on names like Sime Darby Bhd and IOI Corp Bhd, which own oil palm plantations in Indonesia.

This follows news reports that Indonesia may limit foreign ownership of plantations there to 30%. This compares to the maximum of 95% currently.

Reuters reported that Indonesian lawmakers are looking to restrict foreign ownership of plantations to no more than 30 percent, as the top palm oil producer tries to maximise land usage, protect indigenous people and tighten environmental controls in the sector.

A new draft bill drawn up by members of Indonesia's parliament aims to open up the sector to smaller, local players. But it would also discourage foreign investment just after the nation has set an ambitious goal of raising its palm oil output by a third to 40 million tonnes by 2020.

Export-based rubber glove manufacturers like Top Glove Corp Bhd and Supermax Corp Bhd may be closely watched amid a strengthening ringgit versus the US dollar. Shares of rubber glove manufacturers may also take the cue from fresh updates on the Ebola outbreak.

While the Ebola outbreak could lead to higher rubber glove demand, a firmer ringgit versus the US dollar will translate into lower income for these companies when they convert their US dolllar-denominated sales into ringgit.

Reuters reported that the Malaysian ringgit hit a near 10-month high after data showing stronger than expected second quarter economic growth, while other emerging Asian currencies were set to report weekly appreciations on hopes of stimulus from major central banks.

The ringgit rose as much as 0.7 percent to 3.1580 per dollar, its strongest since Oct. 31.

Malaysia's economy grew 6.4 percent in the second quarter, faster than expected, as exports kept up their strong performance and consumer spending stayed buoyant, raising prospects for a central bank policy rate increase.

Tasek Corp Bhd will trade ex-dividend this Monday. Cement manufacturer Tasek plans to pay an interim dividend of 40%, which translates into 40 sen a share, based on the stock's par value of RM1 each.

The dividend payment date falls on September 9 this year.

Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down

Aug 18th - Stocks to Watch Affin, PMB, Sime Darby, IOI Corp, Top Glove, Tasek Empty Re: Aug 18th - Stocks to Watch Affin, PMB, Sime Darby, IOI Corp, Top Glove, Tasek

Post by Cals Sun 17 Aug 2014, 22:48

bump Blush nothing much i guess
Cals
Cals
Administrator
Administrator

Male Join date : 2011-09-08
Comments : “My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener that it lost. If I had stuck to it I’️d have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times.”
Stock Exposure : Technical Analysis / Fundamental Analysis / Mental Analysis

Back to top Go down